Set sail with a San Diego original. Our family business, Flagship Cruises & Events, has been serving and entertaining San Diego since 1915. We own and operate San Diego’s largest and finest fleet, ranging from luxury yachts to the Patriot, our 2,800-horsepower jet boat, to the iconic Coronado Ferry. We take great pride in our superior service and staff. We are always on the lookout for great people to add to our team. If you are looking for a unique work environment where you can further develop customer service skills and grow in the service industry this may be the opportunity for you. Training is available. We operate a drug-free work environment, and this position requires participation in a random drug and alcohol test program.
About the Opportunity:
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for a Bartender with a positive attitude and a team player who must be able to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Pay is competitive based on experience. Successful candidates will possess the ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced environment and assist with vessel preparations. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills; compensation will reflect a crew member's overall contribution to the operation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace
- Set up and break down of dining room
- Prepare beverages, cocktails, and wine orders in adherence to state and city alcohol laws
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked bar
- Convey broad cocktail knowledge and mix complex drinks consistently
- Collect money, accurately provide change and input into POS
- Serve guests and fill server orders quickly and courteously
- Check IDs in accordance with beverage guidelines
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Must be able to pass random drug and alcohol screenings
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalence Certificate preferred
- Background in restaurants, banquets, or special events serving preferred
- Available on all major holidays
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
To apply for these positions please fill out the form and upload your resume.
Job Type: Full or Part-time