About the Opportunity
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for Boat Washers. If you enjoy working outdoors, are upbeat, detail-oriented, and have a positive attitude, this may be the job for you! Must be reliable and able to work weekends and holidays. The majority of work performed is outside in a marine environment with exposure to all types of weather.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be comfortable working around water and docks.
- Comfortable working at heights on tall boats
- Ability to problem-solve basic repairs
- Communication and Time Management skills.
- Washing – cleaning and rinsing the boat’s entire structure
- Detailing – cleaning and polishing the windows and Isinglass, polishing chrome and metal rails, cleaning and brightening canvas and vinyl. Sweeping and vacuuming outdoor spaces, emptying trash.
- Must comply with safety practices, policies, and procedures.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Must be able to take direction
- Days, evenings, weekends, and holiday shifts are available. A Flexible schedule is required.
- May be required to apply for a Transportation Workers Identification Card
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical & drug screen
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- The nature of the work may be strenuous and the work environment may be warm
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
Job Type: Part-Time with Full Time considerations after a successful 90 days.
Pay: Starting pay $18.00 + depending on experience