About the Opportunity
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for Cooks with a positive attitude and a team player who must be able to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Pay is competitive based on experience. The successful cook will enable professional and efficient galley operations and be swift and effective in the execution of assigned duties. Have great attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect food preparation and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Prepare high-quality food following prescribed recipes and production specifications
- Preparing and cooking food aboard yachts or in our prep kitchen for events up to 500 people
- Banquet-style cooking and prepping
- Receive and organize hot line food orders; portion, arrange, and garnish food for service
- Receive and store food and supplies using proper food-handling techniques including stock rotation and monitoring temperatures of perishable products
- Loading and unloading food and supplies onto boats as needed
- Assist in routine cleaning of the galley including daily cleaning of equipment and implements, sanitizing food preparation surfaces, and mopping floors
- Working and collaborating with Vessel operations crew and front-of-house team to satisfy 100% of our guests
- Learning all safety and security duties required for the position
- Report any tools/equipment in need of repair or replacement
- Teamwork is highly valued and you must work well with others.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Previous kitchen experience preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Must be able to take direction
- Days evenings, weekends, and holiday shifts are available. A flexible schedule is required.
- California Food Handlers certification is preferred but not required
- May be required to apply for a Transportation Workers Identification Card
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- The nature of the work may be strenuous, and the work environment may be warm
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
Job Type: Part-Time with Full Time considerations after a successful 90 days.
Pay: Starting pay $18.00 + depending on experience