Set sail with a San Diego original. Our family business, Flagship Cruises & Events, has been serving and entertaining San Diego since 1915. We own and operate San Diego’s largest and finest fleet, ranging from luxury yachts to the Patriot, our 2,800-horsepower jet boat, to the iconic Coronado Ferry. We take great pride in our superior service and staff. We are always on the lookout for great people to add to our team. If you are looking for a unique work environment where you can further develop customer service skills and grow in the maritime industry this may be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for cooks with a positive attitude and a team player who must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays. Pay is competitive based on experience. The successful cook will enable professional and efficient galley operations and be swift and effective in the execution of assigned duties. Have great attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills; compensation will reflect a crew member's overall contribution to the operation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect food preparation and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Prepare high-quality food following prescribed recipes and production specifications
- Preparing and cooking food aboard yachts or in our prep kitchen for events up to 500 people
- Banquet style cooking and prepping
- Receive and organize hot line food orders; portion, arrange, and garnish food for service
- Receive and store food and supplies using proper food-handling techniques including stock rotation and monitoring temperatures of perishable products
- Loading and unloading food and supplies onto boats as needed
- Assist in routine cleaning of galley including daily cleaning of equipment and implements, sanitizing food preparation surfaces, and mopping floors
- Working and collaborating with Vessel operations crew and front of house team to satisfy 100% of our guests
- Learning all safety and security duties required for the position
- Report any tools/equipment in need of repair or replacement
- Teamwork is highly valued and you must work well with others.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirement & Qualifications:
- Previous kitchen experience preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Must be able to take direction
- Day’s evenings, weekend’s and holiday shifts are available. A Flexible schedule is required.
- California Food Handlers certification is preferred but not required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- The nature of the work may be strenuous, and the work environment may be warm
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: Starting pay $19.00