About the Opportunity
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for a General Maintenance/Painter with a positive attitude and a team player who must be able to work evenings, weekends, and most holidays. We offer quality healthcare and benefits including 401k, vacation time, sick time, and holiday pay. These positions require pre-employment and random drug testing per US Coast Guard regulations. Successful candidates will possess the ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced environment. Performance will be measured by management evaluation and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills.
- Prepping surfaces for painting using power tools, hand tools, sanders, and vacuums.
- Rolling and brushing paint, primer, and varnish.
- Basic maintenance of the facility and vessels using pressure washers, drills, and carpet cleaners.
- Perform proper hazardous waste management and disposal.
- Evaluate supplies and materials needed and inform management in a timely manner to complete projects.
- Complete maintenance projects and repair work within the timeframe assigned, and inform management of all progress, delays, and/or challenges.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and management to ensure projects are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Must always use proper safety equipment.
- Proper usage of hand and power tools
- Locate necessary parts and equipment needed for projects and repairs.
- Keeping with the cleaning of vessels, facilities, and piers as assigned and needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- At least 2 years prior experience in maintenance and working with tools/surfaces preferred.
- Must know how to safely and properly use hand and power tools needed for the job.
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job.
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $20 starting depending on experience