About the Opportunity
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for a Kitchen Utility worker with a positive attitude and a team player who must be able to work evenings, weekends, and most holidays. Pay is competitive based on experience. The successful Kitchen Utility worker will enable professional and efficient galley operations and be swift and effective in the execution of assigned duties. Kitchen Utility will prepare food for our events, including cutting, chopping, peeling, etc., and plating food for buffet presentation. Performance will be measured by management evaluation and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in stocking products from deliveries, maintaining proper rotation and storage
- Follow food production guidelines, preparing food in the allotted time frame
- Operate dish machine; ensures all dishes are cleaned, organized, and stored appropriately
- Ensure that dishwasher is in proper working order; responsible for routine cleaning of equipment and refilling chemicals as needed
- Test and document dish machine temperature and sanitizer daily
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and buffets or food stations
- Receive and store food and supplies using proper food handling techniques including stock rotation and monitoring temperatures of perishable products
- Assist in routine cleaning of the galley including daily cleaning of equipment and implements, sanitizing food preparation surfaces, and mopping floors
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of galley and service areas; sweep and scrub floors, clean garbage cans with water, sort and remove trash – placing it in designated pickup areas
- Be prepared to begin work at the scheduled time
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
- Additional job duties as assigned
- Previous kitchen experience preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Must be able to take direction
- Days evenings, weekends, and holiday shifts are available. A Flexible schedule is required.
- California Food Handlers certification is preferred but not required
- May be required to apply for a Transportation Workers Identification Card
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- The nature of the work may be strenuous and the work environment may be warm
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
Job Type: Part-Time with Full Time considerations after a successful 90 days.
Pay: Starting pay $18.00 + depending on experience